Access free from the National Highways website.
If you?re responsible for transporting an abnormal load, you need to follow regulations for notifying highway, police and bridge authorities. The ESDAL system makes this process easier for hauliers, structure owners, highway authorities and the police.
If you are a Haulier , you can use ESDAL to:
– plan your route and check its suitability for your load
– get full details of all the organisations and authorities you need to notify before you travel
– notify the police, highways and bridge authorities of your abnormal indivisible load (AIL) movements around the road network
– submit your notifications
– get advance notice of any possible route
– save vehicle details and routes for future use
If you work for a police, road or bridge authority, you can use ESDAL to:
– manage haulier’s abnormal load notifications
– check the suitability of the haulier’s route