Access free from the DfT website. Also available from CIS.
This local transport note (LTN) provides guidance to local authorities on delivering high quality, cycle infrastructure including:
– planning for cycling
– space for cycling within highways
– transitions between carriageways, cycle lanes and cycle tracks
– junctions and crossings
– cycle parking and other equipment
– planning and designing for commercial cycling
– traffic signs and road markings
– construction and maintenance
This information replaced ‘Shared use routes for pedestrians and cyclists (LTN 1/12)’ and Cycle infrastructure design (LTN 2/08).